Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Info Post
by Blake McCoy: Republican presidential candidate Tom Tancredo said Monday he will not seek re-election to his Colorado seat in the House in 2008. He will continue his long-shot bid for the White House. The five-term lawmaker said illegal immigration, his core issue, now has national prominence and he doesn't need to remain in Congress to promote it. "The issue now has a life of its own and it doesn't need one particular person to champion it," he said. "I feel my job, my task, has been completed. And I am very much at peace with the idea that if I'm not elected president then I won't be running" for another term in Congress, he said. . . . Tancredo, 61, is a former teacher and real estate developer who served in the Colorado state legislature in the late 1970s. He was elected to the House in 1998 in a district that includes the Denver suburbs. [Read More]

Tags: Colorado, Election 2008, GOP, presidential candidate, Representative, Tom Tancredo, US Congress To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the ARRA News Service. Thanks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment