Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, October 31, 2009

Info Post
Liberal Republican (RINO in our neck of the woods) Dierdre Scozzafava has suspended her campaign for upstate New York's 23rd Congressional District seat. This should help Conservative nominee Doug Hoffman against Democrat Bill Owens.

According to Fox News, "Scozzafava's team pulled the plug on the campaign after viewing the Siena poll." Ken Spain, a spokesman for the NRCC, said Scozzafava will now release her supporters to vote for Hoffman. House Minority Leader John Boehner, Minority Whip Eric Cantor of Virginia and NRCC Chairman Pete Sessions announced their endorsement for Hoffman shortly after Scozzafava dropped out of the race. "He is the only active candidate in the race who supports lower taxes, fiscal responsibility and opposes Nancy Pelosi's agenda of government-run healthcare, more government and less jobs," they said.

Michelle Malkin has has Scozzafava’s farewell message via 73 wire:
In recent days, polls have indicated that my chances of winning this election are not as strong as we would like them to be. The reality that I’ve come to accept is that in today’s political arena, you must be able to back up your message with money—and as I’ve been outspent on both sides, I’ve been unable to effectively address many of the charges that have been made about my record. But as I’ve said from the start of this campaign, this election is not about me, it’s about the people of this District. And, as always, today I will do what I believe serves their interests best.

It is increasingly clear that pressure is mounting on many of my supporters to shift their support. Consequently, I hereby release those individuals who have endorsed and supported my campaign to transfer their support as they see fit to do so. I am and have always been a proud Republican. It is my hope that with my actions today, my Party will emerge stronger and our District and our nation can take an important step towards restoring the enduring strength and economic prosperity that has defined us for generations.

On Election Day my name will appear on the ballot, but victory is unlikely. To those who support me – and to those who choose not to – I offer my sincerest thanks.
While we can appreciate the feelings of  Dierdre Scozzafava,  this writer is dancing up a storm.  This opens the door for Republicans and independent conservatives to win this election by voting overwhelmingly for conservative candidate Doug Hoffman and to send a message to from NY to Congress.  The message - we are coming after the rest of the liberals in Congress who are diluting out liberties and ruining our country with extreme debt.
Tags: 2009, Congressional race, conservatives, New York, RINO To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the ARRA News Service. Thanks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment