Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, June 29, 2009

Info Post

Video and Comments Complements of Jason Tolbert who attended the press briefing.
Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty spoke to the Republican Party of Arkansas Governor’s Dinner tonight in Little Rock. Before his speech, he spoke briefly with the press. . .

“My remarks tonight will be focused on ways to improve the Republican Party,” said Pawlenty. “We need it. We have not done very well in the last two election cycles. My speech will focus on our core beliefs and core values but applying them to the modern issues of our time.”

Gov. Pawlenty insteaded that this trip was not about laying groundwork for a future Presidential run, but instead he was here because he feels “strongly about the need to improve the party in Minnesota and across the country. I am going to accept invitation to go out and share my ideas and my energy to try and move the party forward and improve it. This is one of those efforts.”

Gov. Pawlenty addressed the impact of Gov. Mark Sanford of South Carolina on the Republican Party saying, “The situation involving Gov. Sanford is a sad one. My thoughts and prayers go out to Jenny and the family and I hope that as a family that can address and resolve those issue. But those kind of sad challenges are not limited to someone being a Republican or a Democrat.” When asked if Sanford should resign he said “that is going to have to be a decision for the people of South Carolina and Gov. Sanford to make.”

When asked about Gov. Huckabee’s prospects for the 2012 Presidential race (by me), Pawlenty said, “I love Gov. Huckabee. He is a friend of mine. And he and Janet are wonderful people. He knows that I am here and he welcomes that, and I would certainly welcome him to Minnesota. I consider him one of the best people in politics and in public service. He served this state so well as governor. I am just pleased and proud to call him a friend and Janet as well. My presence here has nothing to do with a concern about Gov. Huckabee.”


Tags: Arkansas, Arkansas Republican Party, fundraiser, Little Rock, Minnesota, RPA, Tim Pawlenty To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the ARRA News Service. Thanks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment