Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Info Post
A big thank you to John Ruberry, Marthon Pundit who reached back 39 years, dang I was young back then, to share with us that even Bruce Springsteen has a history, a record, which we can evaluate. Only the occupant of the White House seems to be able to unilaterally hide his "records."

One benefit of being older, living longer, is that we can recall some interesting events of the past. In a great book, covered in dust on many shelves, is an instruction for the older men to teach the younger men. Therefore, as an observation, I recall a time in our history when musicians felt and shared the soul of the street (the people). They didn't sellout to the master in the big house including the White House. But, today many so called liberal performers are very wealthy compared to the street and are captivated by those in power. These performers are even willing to sellout the street in order to be able to kiss the ring and to be closer to the positions of power. It does not matter to them that those in power seeks to enslave the people by separating them them their liberty, dignity and rights.

We live in an "Upside Down World" where people who could stand and make a difference against the tide of restriction and repression by government choose instead to side with the abusers. Examples are the main street press, reporters, the leaders of churches, teachers, politicians, lawyers, and even performers and actors who are willing to sell out the soul of America, thus aiding in the enslavement of their fellow citizens and eventually themselves.

Enough! Let's read Marathon Pundit's article. Minor edit: All of the lyrics of the song Out of Work have been added with a highlight of  lyrics addressed to the President. The lyrics appear timeless and very relevant for today's unemployed! However, it is doubtful that Bruce Springsteen will sing "Out of Work" at his fundraisers for Barack Obama.
Bruce Springsteen will be appearing--and performing--at some Obama campaign stops in Ohio and Iowa.

Here is one song that he won't be singing--although truth in labeling laws should require it--the tune he wrote for Gary U.S. Bonds, "Out of Work." The E Street Band even backed up Bonds.

Watch Bonds perform the song in 2008.


Check out the lyrics:
Eight a.m., I'm up and out
Feet beating on the sidewalk
Down at the unemployment agency
All I get is talk

I check the want ads
But there just ain't nobody hiring
What's a man supposed to do
When he's down and out of work


I need a job, I'm out of work
I'm unemployed, I'm out of work
I need a job, I'm out of work

I go to pick my girl up
Her name is Linda Brown
Her Dad invites me in
He tells me to sit down

The small talk that we're making
Is going pretty smooth
But then he drops a bomb
Son, what do yo do

I'm out of work
I need a job, I'm out of work
I'm unemployed, I'm out of work
I need a job, I'm out of work
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Hey, Mr. President
I know you've got the plans
You're doing all you can now
To help the little man

We've got to do our best
To whip that inflation down
Maybe you've got a job for me
Just driving you around

These tough times
They're enough to
Make a man lose his mind
Up there you've got a job
But down here below


I'm out of work
I need a job, I'm out of work
I'm unemployed, I'm out of work
I need a job, I'm out of work

I'm out of work, I'm out of work
I'm out of work, I'm out of work
I'm out of work, I'm out of work
I'm out of work, I'm out of work

This song was released in 1982--at the depth of the early '80s recession. But a year later--the Reagan recovery was roaring. Nearly four years into the Obama presidency--after three so-called Recovery Summers, the economy is still flat on its back.

It's time to put Obama "Out of Work."

Oh...here's a line from Springsteen's "Point Blank," a track on The River, that seems to come from today's headlines: "These days you don't wait on Romeos, you wait on that welfare check."

Tags: Out of Work, song, Gary U.S. Bonds, Bruce Springsteen, Obama fundraisers, Barack Obama, Obama, entertainment, music, Rock, history, America, USA, Culture, economy, jobs, unemployment, Marathon Pundit To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the ARRA News Service. Thanks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment